I’ve tried to reach out to The CW several times via Twitter asking about things such as show times and why your website is down. Not once I have received a reply. Apparently, you use your Twitter account just for broadcasting and not communicating, listening or interacting with us – your viewers.
Social media is about connecting and engaging with your audience, literally in your case. Unfortunately, you just see it as an opportunity to promote yourself on a sporadic schedule. Let’s look at the numbers according to Twitalyzer.
- Engagement (ratio of mentions you give others to the mentions others give you): 0.3% which is the 33.4th percentile
- Velocity (how often you tweet): 3.1% and down trending
- Generosity (how often you retweet): 26.1% and down trending
- Retweeting (# of times you retweeted in the last 7 days): 3 and down trending
- Referencing (# of times you wrote or responded to a specific user): 4 which is the 33.6th percentile
So although you have a high Klout score and lots of followers, your tweeting habits show that you don’t engage but rather just broadcast.
And while I’m speaking my mind, I have two other BIG pet peeves about your online streaming service.
- Please stop running the same commercials for your shows back to back during the same commercial break. Seeing that frog jump on Rachel Bilson isn’t cute the 18th time I see it during a 40 minute show.
- Do not show commercials for future episodes of the show I’m watching with spoilers. You completely ruined the end of Ringer the other night.